There's always a yarn project running through my head. Sometimes I need to let it out!

Tuesday, April 10, 2012

A few new knit baby blankets!

So...what have I been creating lately?  I've been on a blanket kick lately.  I had to make so many scarves this winter that I'm tired of them!  Now don't get me wrong, I love making scarves for orders that have come in, but it's always the same pattern.  So I've had a little time lately to create something different.

First, I finished this blanket.  I absolutely love this yarn.  It's so fuzzy and soft.  When it's knit up, it feels just like a soft fleece blanket.  I was going to list this on my website, but I think that this one is going to be saved for an upcoming baby shower.  I'll just have to make another one to put up for sale.  I don't think that I could ever get tired of using this yarn, though.  It's just so comfy!


Here's a close up.  Even this doesn't show how soft and cozy this blanket is.



The one that I'm knitting now is almost finished.  Just a few more rows to go.


I love how this is turning out.  The stripes add a nice change to the basic pattern and I love how the variegated yarn looks in the ripples.  It's turning out to be a nice size, too.  It would be a great blanket that a little one could use even thru the toddler years!  Here is a close up.


I might have to make more stiped blankets with this pattern.  Maybe blue and brown or pink and brown or shades of gray.  Any ideas?

Happy Tuesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment