There's always a yarn project running through my head. Sometimes I need to let it out!

Sunday, May 29, 2011

Nesting Has Set In

With a little over 2 weeks until due date, my nesting instinct has set in.  Over the past few days, I have made quite a few things for the baby, cleaned up and made room in the bedroom for the bassinet, and washed baby clothes, blankets, swaddlers, etc.  Now I just need the carpet installed in the baby's room so that we can get everything set up!  The baby clothes are so small and adorable.  I can't wait until he's here to model everything!

So far, I've made...

A receiving blanket made out of stretchy knit cotton.  That's bears playing baseball.


A set of burp cloths made from cloth diapers.  The pattern for these needs to be modified a little as they don't quite lay flat.  They're in the washer right now, so we'll see how they look when they shrink a little.


A set of bibs and burp clothes with a matching diaper holder.  I love these.  I added a layer of bamboo/cotton batting in the middle of these for extra absorbancy.  I also used some muslin to make a pattern of all of these in order to make more.  I especially love the contoured burp cloth.  It stays perfectly on the shoulder!  These are all reversible, too.  Each piece has a different pattern on the opposite side!



And finally, this fabric is in the washer right now, but it will soon become a nursing cover and a matching carseat cover.  I can't wait to make these!  I love this fabric and I think it will come out really well.



Meanwhile, the vest pieces are complete, they just need to be sewn together.  Because it's Memorial Day tomorrow, this gives me more time to create!  Hopefully I'll have pictures of the completed vest tomorrow.

Happy Saturday!

No comments:

Post a Comment