There's always a yarn project running through my head. Sometimes I need to let it out!

Monday, June 6, 2011

New ideas...crochet necklaces!

Saturday night I spent developing a few new patterns.  I'm loving these.  There are so many things that I can do with these!  Crochet necklaces.  It sounds strange, but I'm loving how they come out.  I've made a few basic ones so far just to get the pattern.  I'm using bamboo/silk yarn that has a great drape.  I started with acrylic, but it was getting a wonky shape to it.  I tried it again with the bamboo/silk and it came out so much better!

This one is a lariat type necklace.


I figure I can add different shapes to the bottom of the chains and also add decoration around the loop that they go thru.  Also if each chain was a different color, that would add some dimension to it.

This one is a choker.



It looks pretty plain in the picture, but it looks a lot better in person.  For this one, it would have a 2 button closure.  I have to find some pretty buttons to go with it.  Also, I thought that a flower attached to this to be worn to the side would be a great addition.  The flower could also be removable, too, to be worn either way.

This one is a basic necklace.



Each circle is an end.  I was having a hard time trying to figure out how to attach it.  The lovely people at ArtFire helped though.  I think that a hook and eye will work the best.  I like the way that it looks with the 2 circles attached, so I wouldn't want a clasp to show.  I think a hook and eye would be perfect.  I just have to make sure that it's not loose and won't fall off.

I can't wait to make more of these.  I love how they came out.  I have to make a few embellishments for them and start wearing them around to get opinions!

What do you think?  Any ideas on embellishments?

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment