There's always a yarn project running through my head. Sometimes I need to let it out!

Wednesday, August 10, 2011

Free pattern Wednesday!

I'm always looking for beautiful patterns that I can use either for my own use or for me to make and sell.  In order to sell the finished product from a pattern that's not mine, I have to make sure that the writer/publisher has given permission.  That's part of the reason that I LOVE the patterns from the Drops Design website.  Not only are these patterns absolutely gorgeous, they can all be used to make and sell a finished product.  You just have to list that the pattern came from there.  I can't wait to make some of these designs.  I'm sure that they will sell well on my website.  The best part, though?  They're all free!!!!

I've been on a scarf kick lately, but because it's so hot here lately, I've been on a LIGHTWEIGHT scarf kick.  :)  I was looking thru their patterns yesterday and found a few that I can't wait to make.

I love this one.  The shape is perfect for an accent scarf and I love the stripes.  There is some great sock yarn out there that this pattern would be perfect for.  The whole thing is knit in stockinette stitch and I normally hate how it curls on the sides, but I like how it looks on this scarf.  It adds a nice touch to the shape.  It is knit from side to side and I think it would end up being a quick knit.


There's also this scarf with a beautiful openweave knit.  I think this would be perfect over a sleeveless shirt or tank.  Again it has the triangle shape.  This one is knit from the top down, so you start with a lot of stitches and decrease on the way down.


I love both of these patterns and I can't wait to get started on them!

I'll post pictures as soon as I have them done!

Happy Wednesday!

No comments:

Post a Comment